How can I benefit from drinking wisely?
There are lots of benefits to drinking wisely. Some you might notice straight away, others will take longer but you will soon feel and see the benefits in your day-to-day life.
Benefits of drinking wisely include:
- Saving money – start saving for a holiday or a treat for yourself
- a more refreshing sleep and more energy as a result
- improved relationships with family, friends and those around you
- reigniting old interests or finding new hobbies.
- less chances of having an accident.
- improved memory and sharper mind
- better chances of staying healthy and independent for longer
- improvement in mood
We often turn to certain foods to help us feel better, or to give us a feeling of nostalgia and security, therefore the expression ‘comfort’ food. The link between healthy eating and mood has long been known. Find out some examples of ‘good mood’ foods.Download PDF (214.5KB)
Want to know more about getting a good nights sleep? Sleep problems can happen to people of all ages, but are more common in people who are in their mid-to-late stages of life. Download our factsheet and learn how you can improve your sleep.Download PDF (323.7KB)
Sign up to our newsletter to get tips, advice & support direct to your inbox.