How do I know if I’m drinking too much?
There are lots of signs to look out for that may indicate that you’re drinking more alcohol than is safe or healthy for you.
Here are some questions to ask yourself:
- Do you need to drink more alcohol to get the same effect as you used to?
- When talking with others, do you ever underestimate how much you actually drink?
- Do you ever skip a meal because you don’t feel hungry after a few drinks?
- Do you find yourself taking a drink to “take the edge off”, calm your nerves, or take your mind off your problems?
- Have you ever increased your drinking after experiencing a loss in your life?
- Has a relative, friend, doctor or nurse ever said they were worried or concerned about your drinking?
- Have you ever made rules to manage your drinking?
If your answer to some of these questions is “yes” then you may want to think more about how much you choose to drink.
Sign up to our newsletter to get tips, advice & support direct to your inbox.